More than 90 small businesses owned by people of color were included in the latest round of recipients to be awarded technology, and, or marketing resources in Houston as a part of the Comcast RISE program.
Recipients of this latest round of business services are part of nearly 3,700 entrepreneurs nationwide who have been selected as Comcast RISE awardees since November 2020, including approximately 158 in Houston. Houston was also one of five cities selected to award a $10,000 grant to 100 local businesses from the Comcast RISE Investment Fund in late April 2021.
“With Covid, we were seeking any means we could get aid towards our business because we were considered to be non-essential,” shared Comcast RISE recipient Angelus McFarlane, owner of Ravlin Martial Arts. “We were looking for a lot of different avenues for grants, and I came across this at 2 a.m. I’m grateful that a business like Comcast has taken interest in supporting small businesses. We were able to put the laptops and technology to use right away.”
“Congratulations to all recipients of the Comcast RISE program,” said Vince Margiotta, VP of Comcast Business in Houston. “When we launched Comcast RISE, we knew a profound need existed in many of the communities we serve. These services will help them thrive beyond the slow down the pandemic caused.”
Comcast RISE was formed in late 2020 to give small businesses owned by people of color the tools needed to not just survive but thrive.
Here’s a select group of recipients from the latest round:
- Awesome Bites Co.
- Aztec Barber Beauty Salon
- Custom Care Pharmacy
- Elite Real Estate Services
- Juice Easy
- Lady Ayri Natural Hair Care LLC
- Magic Touch Dental
- The Flora Culture
- Whale Pools LLC
- XVR Lounges
Eligible businesses can apply for the following:
- Marketing Services: The following services from Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, and its creative agency, Mnemonic, are designed to help recipients with their marketing and media campaigns, including:
- Media: A linear TV media campaign to run over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production: Turnkey 30-second TV commercial production, plus a media strategy consultation and a 90-day linear TV media campaign.
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research and creative teams to gain insights on how to drive business.
- Technology Makeovers: The state-of-the-art equipment and technology upgrade from Comcast Business includes computer equipment as well as internet, voice and cybersecurity services for up to a 12-month period. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for tech makeover services.)
All small business owners can visit the Comcast RISE destination on Xfinity X1, which features aggregated small business news, resources, Comcast RISE recipient stories, and more. The destination is designed to help businesses grow by empowering them through inspiration, education, and entertainment. Just say “Comcast RISE” into the X1 voice remote.
Visit www.ComcastRISE.com to apply, for more information and the latest updates.